Hospitality and Gaming
BSP Lawyers is one of Victoria’s largest and most experienced hospitality practices, with extensive expertise in gaming law and liquor licensing. We act for many clients in the hospitality industry, both in metropolitan Melbourne and across Victoria.
We advise clients on a wide range of legal issues, ranging from day to day commercial and contractual legal advice, through to the sale and acquisition of licensed premises, and the obtaining of consents for liquor and gaming applications relating to the establishment of new hotel and club venues.
We also provide hospitality clients with a range of planning services around the establishment or extension of licensed premises. This includes providing advice on applying for permits, negotiating amendments and approvals with Councils, and appealing objections.
BSP Lawyers’ hospitality practice provides client with extensive expertise in gaming law. We act for individual hotel and club operators, as well as larger hotel groups across Melbourne and Victoria, with a history of being involved in many of Victoria’s major transactions and landmark court cases in these areas.
We understand the complex regulatory framework governing many licensed premises (particularly those involving gaming machines) and use this knowledge and our experience in this area to ensure applications and transactions are settled quickly and efficiently, without costly delays for our clients.
We provide advice and services around applications under the Gambling Regulation Act 2003, including:
- Grants of new venue operators licences.
- Applications for new approvals to operate gaming machines at hotels or clubs in Victoria.
- Applications to increase the number of gaming machines currently operating at a hotel or club in Victoria.
- Acquisition or sale of gaming machine entitlements.
- Disciplinary proceedings against licensees or individuals under the Act.
- Approval of new management arrangements relating to licensed premises.
- Corporate restructures and approval of new associates of an entity operating gaming machines.
For more information about our services in the hospitality and gaming areas, contact Elizabeth Priddle.