The State Government has today announced an extension of the current lockdown period in Metropolitan Melbourne for a further 7 days, as well as a slight easing of restrictions for Regional Victoria which will take place from 11:59pm tomorrow evening.
A copy of the published table of restrictions is attached, and a summary of key matters as follows:
All current restrictions remain in force, except that the 5km travel radius has been increased to 10km.
Year 11 and 12 students also return to face to face learning
The following authorised work providers have been included:
- RSPCA and other animal health services;
- Services operating solely outdoors with physical distancing for up to five workers for the purposes of home maintenance, repairs, landscaping, cleaning and other outdoor building work; and
Restrictions will ease in Regional Victoria from 11:59pm Thursday 3 June 2021 as follows:
- Persons may leave their home for any reason.
- Schools will return to face-to-face schooling.
- Public gatherings will be increased to ten people.
- Restaurants and cafés and other licensed premises can reopen to a maximum of 50 patrons per venue subject to 1 person per 4sqm density quotient and for seated service only.
- Gaming machine areas, arcades, escape rooms, bingo centres, non-seated indoor entertainment venues, brothels and amusement parks remain closed.
- Seated entertainment areas, drive-in cinemas, retail betting venues and accommodation is permitted subject to conditions.
- Retail, beauty and personal care, entertainment venues and community facilities will also open in line with density limits.
- Religious ceremonies and funerals will be capped at 50, weddings at ten.
- Offices will be capped at 50 per cent capacity.
- Visitors to the home are still not permitted.
Masks are still required to be worn indoors. Masks are only required to be worn outdoors where social distancing cannot be maintained.
QR Code Changes
All retail premises (including supermarkets) are now required to record attendances via the Service Victoria QR Code app.
In addition, the QR record requirements now apply where a persons attends any premises – even if the person is there for less than 15 minutes for pick-up or click and collect services.
Mandatory ID Checks
The State Government has confirmed that venues in Regional Victoria now must check identification to confirm whether patrons are from Metropolitan Melbourne. This applies to any venues that are open in Regional Victoria but closed in Metropolitan Melbourne – such as restaurants, non-essential retail, and personal care, for instance.
Additional $209 million support package, increase from the announcements on Sunday. These grants will increase business support grants from $2,500 to $5,000 for eligible affected businesses and from $3,500 to $7,000 for affected licensed premises.
Applications will be open tomorrow via the Business Victoria, and businesses need only apply once for each relevant package. As noted in our previous advice, we understand persons entitled to the licensed premises support fund will be contacted directly. An additional support package will be announced for premises that will be affected by a loss of tourism revenue with further details to be provided in the coming days.
This update does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. It is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest and it is not intended to be comprehensive. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content.