The Victorian Government has today announced the following changes to restrictions which will take effect from 11:59pm on Tuesday 3 August:
Removal of group booking limit
There will no longer be limits to group bookings for hospitality venues, tours and gyms. Group sizes were previously limited to 10 people.
Density limits will continue to apply in line with current restrictions, but this allows for venues to host larger classes or functions.
Victorian businesses must continue to have a COVIDSafe Plan in place that specifies measures to be taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. This may include social distancing measures.
Changes to border bubbles
The Victorian Government has announced changes to the border bubble in accordance with the attached statement from the Premier.
Residents in the Victoria-NSW border bubble from the NSW side will only be able to enter Victoria without a permit if they are travelling for one of the following essential reasons:
- Necessary goods and services, including medical care and getting a COVID-19 test;
- Care and compassionate reasons;
- Paid or voluntary work (including for charitable and religious purposes);
- Education (including childcare and early childhood services);
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccination; and
- Sport and exercise at a sporting club or at a sport or physical recreation facility (excluding alpine resorts).
Today’s announcement did not clarify whether Victorian businesses will be required to check patrons’ addresses or permits in the event that they are from NSW.
The remaining restrictions are still scheduled to remain in force for a further one (1) week, being until 11:59pm on Tuesday 10 August 2021.
This update does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. It is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest and it is not intended to be comprehensive. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content.